Sadly, someone painted the door in 1922, 1933, 1944, 1955...you get where I'm going with this. there are 4-5 layers of paint on the door -- white, salmon pink, green, yellow, yellow, and the wood. We spent about 5 hours working on the door and got one side down to almost the wood. And what's worse? We still have to strip the other side. I suspect the door might be done when the remodel is -- in another month and a half.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Mr Ferguson and the Technicolor Dream Door
We also decided that this weekend would be the perfect time to strip and repaint our bathroom door. We asked the carpenter to remove the door from the hinges and we figured we'd just slap on one coat of paint stripper, scrape for a few hours, reseal it, and then paint it. Good as new. And SO easy.


Sadly, someone painted the door in 1922, 1933, 1944, 1955...you get where I'm going with this. there are 4-5 layers of paint on the door -- white, salmon pink, green, yellow, yellow, and the wood. We spent about 5 hours working on the door and got one side down to almost the wood. And what's worse? We still have to strip the other side. I suspect the door might be done when the remodel is -- in another month and a half.
Sadly, someone painted the door in 1922, 1933, 1944, 1955...you get where I'm going with this. there are 4-5 layers of paint on the door -- white, salmon pink, green, yellow, yellow, and the wood. We spent about 5 hours working on the door and got one side down to almost the wood. And what's worse? We still have to strip the other side. I suspect the door might be done when the remodel is -- in another month and a half.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment