Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Baby, it's hot in here


So the sheet rock is in (for the most part) and the "mudders" came today to spread mud all over the sheet rock and fix any holes, seams, and so on. Everything looks smooth (for the most part -- I think they forgot a giant crack they created behind out alarm keypad), but here's the downside -- we have to keep th house at between 70-75 degrees.

Now for most, this isn't a downside. Most people would put on shorts and a t-shirt and enjoy the balmy climate. Unfortunately, I'm married to a man I call "the human steampipe." He's always at warm, sweats when he thinks about things like soup or sweaters, and wears shorts and t-shirts throughout the year. We're that couple who never turns the heat about 60 (that's right -- a HIGH of 60) and I don't think anyone has ever set the thermostat at 75 in our house while we've lived there. He's out running now, but I expect he'll insist we eat dinner on the back patio. Right now, I'm wearing track pants (track trousers for my English readers) and a t-shirt and loving it. It's tough, but something I'm willing to do for the sake of the remodel.

No comments: