Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The sky is falling


Well, first they took down all of the walls. Then we lost the ceiling. That's right -- we can sit in the bathroom and look into our attic. This makes the house very loud (you've never heard rain like this before -- actually ON the roof), extremely cold, and very open. For instance, I can stand in what was my kitchen, look into the attic and figure out if someone's in the bathroom. I can also look through holes in the floor and can tell whether someone's left the light on in the basement.

Work is coming along just fine. We prepared out first campstove meal (which Ryan burned) and are getting used to showering at work. It's not great, but I think we'll be ok for a few more weeks. Tomorrow, we'll experiment with our first crockpot meal. I have a lot of hopes pinned on this crockpot. Hopefully it is successful. If it is, I'm considering leaving our open floor plan and installing one large crock pot.

No comments: