Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Boy. I am lazy


So I meant to post a recipe way back in November and, well, you all must know that I made Baconlava, a ton of Christmas cookies, and wasn't even close to wanting to post stuff. I also attended the best, kickass cooking class. More on that later. For now, let's take a look at the baconlava. Now that's a hell of a lot of bacon, but we were attending a bacon party and wanted to win. We did not. But we cooked a pound of bacon for this damn party. And lost. Bitter? Nah...
Basic recipe - you cook up the bacon, and then grind it with toasted almonds, dates, and orange peel. Then you make this amazing syrup with bourbon and orange and more butter. End result?


Yeah, people said it was good, but the competition was also fierce (said the bacon-eaters). I guess some apples wrapped in bacon and dipped in caramel won for the dessert, which was a crying shame. But I guess it's good that we didn't win because winners have to judge next years competition. And I sure don't want to give up 14 years of eating nothing but facon and beans for a bacon martini.

No comments: