Monday, January 28, 2008

A gift from Spain

Spanish paprika is so amazing. Remember the garlic scallops I was making for the Food Network kitchen-owning friend? (My one reader is shaking her head yes and saying, I do. Oh wait, that's me. I'm the Food Network friend.) Anyway, it was a stressful day -- dog-napping, felonies, etc. -- but I managed to stop by the Met Market for some amazingly large scallops. This recipe, though, was so easy. Very garlicky and not quite enough oil for sopping bread, but all in all, it was great. You just saute a ton of minced garlic in the oil, then add the scallops and saute those puppies. When they're about done, add the Spanish paprika and some chili pepper flakes. Stir it up into a sauce and you're set. I served it on a bed of roasted vegetables and with bread for sopping (for those of us who enjoy our carbs).

Well I'm off to do some writing, make some chickpeas and spinach (again, with our friend Spanish paprika) and take care of my sister's ailing dog (she needs boiled chicken - blech).

No comments: