Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Look at me! I'm in the blog-o-sphere.

Hello all. I'm welcoming myself to the blog world. I know, I have always said that I'd never blog, but I've started doing a weekly recipe post for a friend and found that, well, weekly recipes are somewhat popular (okay, I have TWO friends interested in the recipes). So I thought I'd post here and see what comes of it.

Basically, you'll see recipes, some book reviews, maybe thoughts on writing, and a few assorted thoughts about my pal, Piper.

So here's my opening tip for my pal in North Carolina:

Cheap-ass salsa
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 jalapeno
1/4 of an onion
cilantro
lemon or lime juice to taste

Take whatever bits of onion you have in the house and some pieces of jalapenos and throw them in a food processor. Get them all nice and chopped and then add in your cilantro. Chop this up a bit, then add your tomatoes and get them all nice and salsa-like. Add lemon juice and S&P to taste and seriously, this is pretty good salsa.

Okay kids, that's the opening post. I'm off to play with the black dog, Piper.

1 comment:

Jennifer S said...

Oh how cool is this? This is going to be awesome. So nice to see you making your personal mark on the interweb.