Friday, September 26, 2008

Welcome to the Remodel


That's right, folks. We're in day two of a 12-week remodel and I've been remiss in updating the two people who read this blog. First off, a little back-story. We're stripping the bathroom (the ONLY bathroom we have) and our kitchen completely. A complete remodel. Good news? We're not doing it ourselves and are paying a ton of money to a contractor to do this for us. The bad news? It's going to get pretty dicey. Stay tuned for updates that include fun facts about how two people live in only two bedrooms in their house (the living room is filled with the contents of the dining room and kitchen, which are construction zones) and cook three squares on a campstove and bbq. That's right, folks. We're don't have a microwave. And I'm hoping I don't have to breakdown and get one, but I have an offer of an old microwave that has spent recent time in an outdoor shed. Sounds like a recipe for electrical problems, burned food, and potentially a house fire.

First step to this remodel was to remove the asbestos. My dear husband ordered tyvec clothing and a respirator and I sealed him in the bathroom to remove the tiles. It was, surprisingly, an easy process. So that was the first step. Now we're just waiting for them to remove all the floor, take out the shower, and soon we'll be those people who don't shower much and eat a lot of takeout from the containers. I just have to keep telling myself it'll be worth it when it's over.

No comments: