So I arrived in England yesterday with Riley. It was a long flight, but I suspect my trip was more relaxing than Riley's. I could only really complain about the food - my special meal was a pretty overcooked and then hard (not sure how that could happen) pasta with cream sauce that was pretty congealed and gross. Oh and I didn't watch any movies all the way through even though there were a bunch I wanted to see. Oh well. It was a decent flight and when I arrived in England, it was sunny and rainy and hailing and thundering.
We went to the animal transport area and were told that we had to wait 2 hrs for Riley to get cleared. So we went to a pub near the transport area that was actually not bad at all, and appeared to be the Cheers for BA cargo employees. We had some fizzy water and my sister's new favorite food - jacket potatoes with cheddar and beans. While that might not seem gourmet, it was damn good. At that point, it was hailing and thundering and, little did we know, Riley was outside hanging in the elements. When we finally rescued her, she was really wet and slightly upset, but happy to get out. My sister's house is really cute and the town is like a postcard - the quaint church, the lovely river, the little streets and old buildings. We walked around a bit and then came back for a Kath and Kim marathon...basically my sister was doing everything except standing on her head to keep me awake. Dinner revived me a bit, but I was in bed by 9, and then up again at 2.30.
We're off to Windsor now, and Riley's going to meet her first royals.
No comments:
Post a Comment